Wednesday, November 4, 2009

3 steps of my work + Derwent pencils

I decided to show you 3 steps of work on my "Home for little elves" drawing. I think it might be pretty interesting.
I use for my drawings Derwent Inktense pencils. It is very interesting to work with them. They have a lot of possibilities (you can use them even for silk paintings).

So, shortly about how I work:
My 1. step is cleaning the sketch.


 
2. step - colouring. This is a very important step. I need to choose colours very carefully, because they change their tones later. For combining colours I am using colour chart what I made for myself.
Sometimes you can finish your work on this step, if you don’t want to use water and you like how your drawing looks (for example my “Pea fairy” ).


3. step - applying water and adding details. As you can see the tones of colours have changed after applying water.


So, this is it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment