Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Red Riding Hood

I made two different works with Red Riding Hood:
The first is for the Childrensillustrator club, it's a watercolour illustration.


I like how this painting came out and after scanning I spent time correcting colours (like most of scanners my are also a big colour eater) to make it look like the original and when I was satisfied with the result I decided to see how this illustration looks on other computers, and guess what I saw... an overcontrasted painting with odd colours... I was shocked, but I think it looked bad not because I did something wrong, I'm afraid that the problem is in a bad calibration of monitors, wich many people have... so now I'm pretty curious about how you see my works ^^
My monitor is not 100% perfectly calibrated, but I've changed settings and I think he's pretty good.

If you are interested in your monitor calibrating ask Google for more information, he knows everything :)
And here is some useful links:
-Monitor Calibration 

Well, returning to Red Riding Hood: 

The second work was kind of experiment for me and I enjoyed to painting it a lot :)
It's acrylic on cardboard.


Have a lovely week!

2 comments:

  1. Your pretty blog makes me full of happiness. Like a jar of butterflies!
    Keep up the lovely posts you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, thank you for your kind words! I'm really glad that my blog made you happy :) it means a lot for me!
    You are always welcome back!

    ReplyDelete